BEFORE CONTACTING OUR OFFICE, PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE. IF YOU STILL HAVE HAVE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY CONTACT OUR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR THROUGH E-MAIL
At this time, our Dual Track Program is not available for international students.
Before beginning the application process:
- Determine that Free Gospel Bible Institute is the school that God is directing you to attend for three consecutive years. Determine if your beliefs are in harmony with our Doctrinal Bases. Research our history, accreditation, level of academic study, faith policy, housing and campus life. (This information can be found in our catalog)
- Determine that you have the financial ability to complete the three year course of study at Free Gospel Bible Institute. The United States Government requires that “you must demonstrate that you are financially able to support yourself for the entire period of stay in the United States while pursuing a full course of study. You are required to [provide] documentary evidence of means of support.” (Official I-20 Form) Details of satisfactory compliance can be found on our website and on the Declaration of Support form.
- We can no longer accept accept or receive payments through Western Union as of September 2017.
Payments may be made by money order, or someone in the US may call and pay over the phone with a major credit card.
International student documents
- Obtain an OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION in PDF form from the above section.
- Fill out the application completely, including references and photograph.
- Submit completed application and $150.00 non-refundable application fee.
- An International Student enrollment packet will be sent to you. This packet will include the documents required for acceptance. (If sponsor resides in the United States, the sponsorship documents will be sent to them directly).
- After all necessary documentation has been returned to us, entrance fees, as well as the I-901 Homeland Security Fee must be paid before an I-20 is issued. (Please see Financial Information section below)
- After receiving the I-20 form, you must make an embassy appointment. IT IS IMPERATIVE that you inform the International Student Advisor if you have received a VISA.
- Inform us of your travel arrangements including the date and time of arrival. Students must arrive on time. A late fee will be charged if student does not arrive on time.
Free Gospel Bible Institute
is authorized under federal law to enroll
must abide by the DEADLINES.
Please observe carefully the calendar and deadlines
For the August Fall Semester
APRIL 30TH of the year before the August term. (For Example: If the August term begins August 28, 2022, all vital documents must be in by April 30th, 2022).
*This includes all required fees, references and sponsorship information.
For the January Spring Semester
SEPTEMBER 30TH of the year before the January SPRING TERM. (For example: If the January term starts on January 15, 2023, all vital documents must be in by September 30, 2022).
- Free Gospel Bible Institute does not offer scholarships or financial aid. As a faith school, we do not charge for room, board or tuition. This is our contribution to the student. Beyond this, students should pray that the Lord will direct them in locating a sponsor who can help them. The International student is responsible to find their own sponsor.
- Free Gospel Bible Institute does not offer “On Campus Employment”, “Summer Job Placement Programs”, or other financial assistance to students at this time. International students must provide proof of sponsorship as well as the means of support necessary to complete the full course of study (33 months) at this Institute.
- The total initial fees amount to $3,595.00 This fee will cover the $150.00 application fee as well as entrance fees for the first three semesters of study.
- An I-901 Homeland Security fee must also be paid. (This is included in the total amount listed above) Other fees may apply. (Proof of sponsorship is required).
- The $3,595.00 initial fee must be paid before an I-20 can be issued. This is a guarantee of definite reservations. Should unforeseen circumstances prevent enrollment, a limited refund will be issued. The allowable refund issued to non-enrolling applicants is limited to $1,600.00, when requested in writing, from the applicant, within five years from the application date. After five years from the application date, no refund will be issued. No refund is issued if the I-20 is used to gain entry into the United States.
- All fees must be sent to us in U.S. dollars. It can be sent as cash, check, money order, or paid with a credit card. The check or money order must be payable from a bank with a branch in the United States. The bank branch information and routing numbers (required) must be preprinted on the check or money order. After an international student’s application and application fee have been received by our office, further instructions will be sent to guide the student toward completion of the required forms.
- Additional fees that are due and payable upon arrival include: Textbooks: Students will be provided with a list of required reading and it is their responsibility to obtain the appropriate textbooks-FGBI does rent textbooks-please see Registrar. There is no charge for room, board or tuition. Optional Fees for major appliances if applicable. There is no charge for room, board or tuition. Fees and policies concerning international students are subject to change without notice.